"SECURITY SUPPORT AND PROMOTION OF A HEALTHY NUTRITION IN THE REGION OF WESTERN BAHR-EL-GHAZAL"
The action, carried out in the area of Wau and its surroundings, regards the basic health and nutrition sectors and aims at reinforcing the resilience of the more vulnerable part of the population on Food Security (FS), through better access to basic health and nutrition services; through the development of agricultural production and the implementation of income-generating activities. Specifically, through projects, we intend to contribute to end hunger, achieve FS, better nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
Country: South Sudan
Funding Authorities: AICS- Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo
Sector: Basic health and nutrition
Local partner: Visitatoria Maria Ausiliatrice - Africa Etiopia Sudan e Sud Sudan – AES
Italian Partners: AMREF- Health Africa ONLUS; HARD - Hope Agency for Relief and Development; BANKUORE ONLUS; LEVIEDELMADEINITALY srl
Expected results for the period 2018/2021:
- Enhanced basic community services for the integrated management of SAM and MAM, through the consolidation of a mixed, stable and mobile system
- Promoted formal training of health staff for the reinforcement of prevention and the treatment of problems related to basic nutrition
- Identified and promoted programs of FS in favour of vulnerable families
- Reinforced local management capacity and resource development
- 125.000 people affected by malnutrition and/or undernourishment and about 53 dispensaries
- 141 staff of whom nurses, technical personnel, community operators and managers
- 8 groups of farmers for a total of about 60 people
About 750.000 people residing within the area of intervention