"CLEAN ENERGY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE KAHALE MUNICIPALITY"
The action carried out in the area of Kahale aims to contribute and guarantee sustainable production and consumption models; ensuring for all access to inexpensive, reliable, sustainable and modern energy; adopt urgent measures to combat climate change and its consequences. Specifically, through the project we intend on contributing to the creation and maintenance of a system for the production of electrical energy (photovoltaic), for fair development, and sustainable in the urban area of Kahale and its surroundings.
Funding Authorities: AICS- Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo
Sector: Production and supply of solar energy and training/education on energy
Local partner: Congrégation des Filles de Marie Auxiliatrice (Salésiennes) - Ispettoria Medio Oriente "Gesù Adolescente" – MOR
Italian partners: COMI - Cooperazione per il Mondo in via di Sviluppo; POLIMI - Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento Energia (Cattedra UNESCO - "Energia per lo sviluppo sostenibile"); ISF-MI Ingegneria Senza Frontiere (Milano); EWS - Earth Wind & Sun s.r.l.
Predicted results for the period 2018/2021:
- Install a system of photovoltaic lights for public street lighting in Kahale
- Train personnel responsible for the installation and maintenance of photovoltaic systems
- Raise awareness and train the population and local authorities in the use of alternative forms of energy
- Promote the use of renewable energies in favour if the population
- Population of Kahale 7.000
- Population of Araya 5.000
- 5 churches
- 8 supply stations
- 3 enterprises for the production of bread
- 4 pharmacies
- 2 social centres
- 1 orphanage
- 24 businesses
- 10 restaurants
About 500.000 people residing in the area of Kahale